Jun 13, 2011

Angelina Jolie + Louis Vuitton = ???

I opened up my laptop this morning and saw this gorgeous photo of Angelina Jolie posing for Louis Vuitton. 

Lv

..and then I read this: 

Wearing her own clothes, no makeup and her own years-old monogrammed Alto bag, Jolie looks at peace in her photograph. “People are not used to seeing Angelina in this situation,” Vuitton’s executive vice president Pietro Beccari tells WWD. “I like the fact that it’s a real moment. This travel message we give through personal journeys is a fundamental one for the brand. This campaign is about a very special person and a very special journey.” 

Wait, what?  

So, um, dear LV VP Pietro Beccari...

I think you may be confused.  I am positive ANYONE viewing this photo can see clearly that Angelina is indeed wearing makeup.  I, for one, see: mascara, eye shadow, concealer, blush, lip gloss and brow pencil.  

Also, you seem to think think we would be shocked to see Angelina in a third world country wearing her own clothes. Nope. Most of the photos we see of Angelina are her wearing her own clothes, assisting people in need, in third world countries.  Here's a few of them: 
Group

 

Kid
Unicef
Ajbp
Littleboy
Old_woman
Baby

Don't misunderstand me, I love Angeline Jolie.  I love that her S.O. is Brad Pitt and I love that they generously give their wealth and time to help others.  She's gorgeous and thin and independently wealthy and wears black.  I like that.  I like that she has a lot of kids and nannies and travels.  It's all so Hollywood inspirational. 

BUT... Is it just me that's finding celebrity advertising lately to be annoying and tedious? To have to look at images of celebrities and pretend that we haven't seen it done a million times already is exhausting.
Celebrity advertising is missing the mark as they're no longer relatable. And they all look the same. It's become a haze of smokey eyes, pale lips, a "daring" Marchesa dress and Atwood heel.  Yawn. 

Yes, Kim Kardashian is hot.  Yes, Angelina Jolie is naturally gorgeous.  Yes, Scarlett Johansson is a bombshell.   Yes, yes, yes, they are all beautiful, fresh faced and have large lip and breasts.  Yes, they have flowing feminine hair and just the right amount of cleavage.  Can I please be shown something with a little less Hollywood in it?  Something I can actually aspire to? 

I get it, LV needs to take a luxurious product and find the marketing balance of a luxurious face with a relatable story. Yes, Angelina is gorgeous and has a story, but it's been told over and over and over.  And really, how many of us can relate to being born into Hollywood royalty, drug addiction, incestuous relationships, blood necklaces, hundreds of millions of dollars and a private jet lifestyle to go along with great world service?  ...*crickets*... 

I'd rather see Linda Hunt tell her story and I'd buy a Louis Vuitton bag from her any day. 

 

Lindahunt

Tell me she isn't the dopest actress ever.  Who has that hair?  No one.  Who's got that character? No one.  When was the last time you say Linda Hunt wearing Marchesa on a red carpet and talking to a reporting who's pretending he's never seen an article of clothing so ravishing? ... yeah, not in a million years. 

Here's a photo of another favorite of mine. Frances McDormand.  

 

Francesdormand

Tell me she isn't Louis Vuitton?

End of rant.  I have to get back to work. 

If you'd like to subscribe to my blog email me at Supermodelblogger@gmail.com with SUBSCRIBE as the subject. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment