May 23, 2011

Cake Face on Rapture Day

You guys, my kid turned 1 year old this Saturday.  Remember the party that Jesus planned?  Well, it didn't happen and I don't think it's because Jesus stood me up.  I interpreted that billboard wrong.  But, I'm not so sure Judgement Day took place either.  At least nobody I know went up in rapture.  Do you know anyone that did?

Well, I didn't want anyone going up in rapture on Henry's big day, stealing his thunder, so I refused to have a big party for Henry.  It was the best decision I've made since becoming a mother.  I spent the entire day enjoying my son.  I didn't have to host, prepare or put out fires.

.
-2
..
-8
.

I stayed in my PJ's most of the morning making cake.

.
Img_4348
..
Img_4347
..
Img_4346
.

Yep. That's right, in a rare moment of domestic motherly bliss, I cracked open a box of cake mix and canned frosting and got to work with food coloring and some spoons. Henry's favorite movie is Despicable Me.  He's almost able to make it the whole way through and he does this, about twice a week, more so on teething days. 

.
-39
..
-42
.
Gary got balloons and little number 1 decorations.  My girlfriends Natalie and Lisa stopped by and, later that evening, Doran and family.  We ordered pizza and played cards while Henry napped.  Then he ate his cake and played with his toys for the rest of the day.  

.
-60
.
Not bad.  Not bad at all.
  .
-19
..
-9
.
I think I'll be having family parties for as long as I can.  

FYI: if you are concerned for the care of your pets following Rapture Day, there are some very generous atheists ready to stay behind and take care of them for a small fee. 
Go here for more info. 
It brings up a very good question... what does happen to all the animals on Rapture Day?  

No comments:

Post a Comment