Mar 16, 2011

Oh my, coconut model power!

I love coconut water. For me, it's a miracle liquid. Not only is it delicious and refreshing, it's sooooo good for your body and skin. Coconut water is the purest water you can find next to, of course, water. It's been completely filtered from root to nut plus it has all the added benefits of electrolytes, minerals, and anti aging properties. Did you know that coconut water has more potassium than a banana? 650 mg to be exact. Compare that to 425 mg in a banana and you're getting a whole 225 mg more! Potassium is an important electrolyte our bodies need to stay hydrated, convert food to energy and build healthy smooth function. I know I want to have more muscle and dewy skin. Coconut water helps facilitate this.
*middle of the blog note: I'd like Vita Coco water to send me a flat for writing about this by the way.
What else is great about coconut water? It's got fiber! 3 grams/cup. It's one of the reasons I like to use it when I fast. 10 cups of coconut water gives you enough fiber for the day. Not that I drink that much but I certainly do when I'm fasting with it.
Quickly, here's what else is great about coconut water:1. It raises the bodies metabolism (yes!)
2. Cleans the digestive tract (I like to move it move it)
3. Balances your PH (great for skin! Double great for keeping your body disease free)
4. bring nutrients to cells and carries oxygen
5. hydrate hydrate hydrates (I live in Los Angeles. The desert air takes a toll on my skin. I drink as much water as I can to keep my skin supple)

So having quickly reported all that... this past week I added two coconut waters/day. Just doing that shifted my appetite and metabolism slightly. I ended up losing a pound. Yes please, I do think I'll continue drinking this stuff. I'm also happy to report this weight loss because mine had stalled before I started this blog a month ago. Just adding these few tools from my modeling days have jump started my weight loss again. Yeah for me! Yeah for a way to share my modeling weight loss tips with everyone through this blog!

Vita_coco_330ml

No comments:

Post a Comment